Sunday, November 13, 2011

DAY 9 USA 10th November 2011

Head is aching with a very nasty cold…Those damn cold sores do really mean I am about to be bowled over and every part of me is aching.. Neurofen and lots of water and Orange Juice to be had today Headed to China town for a decent coffee and trust me its worth the walk of 8 blocks as other coffees are just shite. Thank you Dana for another successful recommendation. From there she heads back to Uni and I to the long long long walk up Massachusetts Avenue towards al the various embassies and up o the National Cathedral . The same as per the monument the cathedral is going through major rebuilding after the earthquake that hit D C earlier this year so no access but would have loved to see Darth Vader http://www.nationalcathedral.org/about/darthVader.shtml . Maybe Next Time From there more walking and down to George Town I had a mammoth lunch and when I walked out it was raining ☹ well not bad for a first bit of rain and somehow I didn’t mind the rain as I just got in a cab and headed to the Hotel and had a nice snooze. In the evening ventured to almost the first decent looking (busy bar) in down town which happened to be Capitol City Brewing Co. Where I sat on the bar, ordered my beer and pretzel and watch College football pretending with some random that I know what I am talking about regarding a game I have almost no understanding of ;) I had another burger and a few more ciders and at closing time I was satisfied I had sufficiently immersed myself in “All American Bar Culture”… Struggled back up the hill and crashed in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment