Sunday, November 13, 2011

DAY 8 USA 9th November 2011

Halfway point of my American Adventure 2011! Really? I feel there is months needed to even see just this place alone. But, maybe next time. I went to the Newseum (News Museum) and after 3 hours in there decided that I have so much to see and do and no chance I will have all of that by tomorrow as I had planned to leave to catch with some of the guys at New Orleans. So decided New Orleans will have to wait til next time and to stay the extra few nights in DC and see more of the museums and as I at least had a personal reference guide in Dana (not to mention Rigot over Facebook) it’s a town definitely chilled to kick on and go to a few museums and superfluous amount of landmarks to have happy snaps. Visited Capitol Hill and then headed to Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM) and the Renwick Gallery . The art in there varied from the bizarre to the amazing but I can’t say I had the inkling to take many photos. The evening little bar that reminded me of the old Newtown bars (Sydney). The Red Derby was filled with students that had gone out of there way to stand out only to mingle in there own extremities and people much like themselves. Burgers and Sweet Potato chips for dinner and even got my arse kicked in chess… I am blming that on senility of old age Vs a very young sharp brain. DC is definitely the kind of chilling town that every corner has a museum and thus far very fascinating bars and nightlife. Makes me wish I got here earlier in life. Better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment