Tuesday, November 8, 2011

DAY 3 USA 4th November 2011

It’s the Friday & I am on my fourth room and not happy and now speaking to the customer relations manager who is extremely polite and helpful and although promises to fix it; I am almost tempted to tell her to jam it and to get out of there but there are so many people and the location is allegedly close to the finish line and I will need that. Today was dedicated to registering for the marathon and walking I connect with Rose (World Vision Charity Organiser and Representative), Amanda (World Amnesty Organiser and Representative) & Tony (Fellow runner for Amnesty from Western Australia) Its great to actually bond with some like minded people who are passionate about what they do and I do on some level wish I had connected earlier but better late than never. By the end of today I had walked about 70 plus blocks up and down town all day. I bought all new gear and to be honest, the gear is relatively cheap to the gear in Australia and its all good…then there is some how a disappointment that I don’t even have a shirt from the Kids Helpline and I would have gladly paid for it…(Feedback for them) In a moment of madness I also decided to run the “5 Km dash to the finish” although, not sure why I know I need a run under my belt if for nothing more than to know the end of the race path. A little fortune spent in accumulating a whole swag of items but really must head back as I have a new room to check in and a team dinner to attend. Needless to say the disappointment with Park Central Hades continue…Not get a chance to check-in till 6:00 pm and that means that I miss the team dinner and that sucked but also was promised a suite which did not eventuate and then later have more disappointments to come. During that process I discover I still have vey low tolerance for stupid people and especially sooks but, I don’t let that get under my skin and I venture out at night to 30 Rock (after a wee break). 30 Rock was grand and a must see in NYC. Its only on top of that building that I start comprehending the marathon course and the enormity of it… my only console is that I already ran one and I know I can finish it even injured. The term the city that never sleeps is accurate although I believe NY’s sleep but their sleep is sleeping-in but not necessarily do not sleep. The nightlife in Times Sq and the vibe is absolutely electric and cannot be experienced anywhere else in the world…If anyone reading this a can dispute that I am happy to take recommendations and visit any city that can rival NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment